Want a healthier and brighter smile? Dental implants could be the answer! If you're interested in the treatment, your Vancouver, WA, dentist, Dr. Jill Markos, can help.
More about implants
Dental implants consist of a titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jaws during an in-office procedure at an oral surgeon's office to replace your missing tooth root. It creates stability and strength while also preventing any weakening, or shrinkage, of your jawbone.
The specialist then seals your gums and allows 3 to 6 months for osseointegration to occur, which is when the titanium post naturally fuses to the jaw.
Finally, you will return to our office at Vancouver, WA, so that we can re-open the area above the titanium post, insert a screw, place an abutment atop of it, and secure a crown on the surface that matches the rest of your teeth.
Dental Implant Advantages
Not having to worry about gaps in your teeth is definitely an advantage, but here are some more advantages that dental implants provide:
- They can restore bite and chewing function
- A dental implant restores one tooth, a few teeth, or a whole set of teeth
- If taken care of properly, they last a lifetime
Caring For Implants
- Brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once per day. When brushing your teeth, make sure to hold the brush at a 45-degree angle and brush for a whole two minutes.
- A change in diet may also be beneficial. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables while minimizing the intake of sugary foods averts the accumulation of plaque and is a good preventative dentistry practice in general.
- Use fluoride-containing products, like toothpaste and mouthwash, as this will help prevent dental decay.
- Drinking water that contains fluoride will improve your dental health as well and wash away food debris.
If you have more questions about dental implants, call your dentist Dr. Jill Markos in Vancouver, WA, by calling (360) 693-2544.